- Left Stellenbosch
- Family Stopover
- Leaving SA
- Lets give them hope
- Mana Pools
- Luanshya Ministries
- Shiwa Ngandu & Kapishya Hot Springs
- FCE Kalungu
- Utengule Coffee Lodge
- Baobab Forest
- Celebrating 30 years of life & love together
- Dar es Salaam
- Irente Farm
- Ngorongoro Crater
- Lake Victoria
- Limuru NetACT Conference (Theology & Community Development)
- Nairobi Conference Israel our Roots
- AA Lodge Amboseli
- Meserani Oasis
- Old Farmhouse Kisolanza
- Lake Malawi
- South Luangwa Park
- Back with a BANG!
- Kruger Park from Pafuri to Numbi
- White River – Phakamani
- Gariep Dam
- Home sweet home
Headed out to visit our good friends, Weston and Liz Muronzi at their home community outside Harare. We had wanted to visit them for a while and the opportunity eventually arrived!
They moved back to live and work in their home community area outside Harare about two years ago. The community is extremely poor and vulnerable as they receive no government support for food or free education, as in SA.
Weston and Liz established a non profit organization called Let’s give them Hope (after much time and effort to get through all the red tape).
They have done much in the two years since they have been back in Zimbabwe….
- Renovated their old home, which is now used for peer education and volunteer meetings.
- Built a multi- purpose hall where Weston leads a weekly church service and Adonis, their son hosts Christian movies, dance events etc. It is also used for extra tutoring for school children who need it..
- Established a chicken project that is becoming self- sustainable and supplies eggs and chickens to the community and outside stores.
- Started a goat breeding programme.
- Established a feeding programme that feeds 283 orphanned/ vulnerable children.
- Supports 80 children with their monthly school fees, who would not otherwise be able to attend school.
- Built themselves a new basic home on the property.
They are very keen to establish the following as well:
- A large vegetable garden. They have excellent quality borehole water but need a solar pump to pump the water( We have got quotes of anywhere between R15000 and R25 000 for pump and solar panels) needed for the gardens and also funds for a fence.
- A much needed clinic to serve the surrounding area. ( Weston often plays the role of “ ambulance” as he drives various medical emergencies to hospitals a distance away).
- Renovate the old home to accommodate teams coming to visit and work with the community.
Funds are always needed to enable children on the waiting list to receive food support and to attend school. (This presently costs $30 a month.) For more info go to http://www.letsgivethemhope.org/
[photogrid ids=”42,44,43,41,40,39,38,37,137,136,135″ captions=”yes” columns=”three” fullwidth=”yes” ]